Request for Quotation
Procurement: Construction of Structures and Installation of Water Tanks
3th August, 2023
Lifeskills Promoters (LISP) Non-Governmental organization working among young people. LISP aims at empowering the young people with life skills/soft skills that enhance their abilities to cope with their day-to-day challenges of life and enhance their employability and productivity among the vulnerable unemployed youth in Kenya. LISP has for the last over twenty years implemented various integrated life skills-based programs that empower young people to take charge of their lives and engage productively. To fulfil this, LISP works through and collaborates with various stakeholders who include development partners, academic institutions, religious institutions, business entities, community groups, relevant government departments/institutions among others.
Lifeskills Promoters (LISP) in partnership with UNICEF-Kenya is implementing a project that seeks to create equitable access to safe and sufficient drinking water source for children and adolescents who have no water source or relies on diminished rainwater harvesting in 29 primary schools affected by drought/emergencies in Kilifi and Isiolo counties.
In this regard, LISP is looking to engage a qualified Civil Engineer who will be contracted to do installation of water tanks (5000 litres each) with connections in the 29 schools (17 schools in Kilifi and 12 in Isiolo). The contractor shall be provided with detailed design drawings and the water supply layout plan.
LISP has a Vulnerable Adults & Child Safeguarding Policy which has been developed to ensure maximum protection of beneficiaries/children from any form of exploitation. Any successful contractor will be required/expected to adhere to this policy.
B. Contractor’s Scope of Work
- Make a visit to the schools and conduct site assessment with preparation of necessary BOQs.
- Construct elevated water structures for 10 schools with borehole water source (10 elevated structures and piping for schools with borehole water)
- Construct the tank bed and connect it to roofs for rainwater harvesting, including cleaning of the roofs (to be done in 19 schools, tank bed and connection to roof for rainwater).
- Connect water to the tank either from rainwater harvesting of from nearby boreholes (cost for piping water per school)
- Construct hand washing stations/areas for the pupils/learners using concrete consisting of 6 stations per school.
- Paint the hand washing areas and walls written hygiene promotion messages (to be provided by LISP)
- Conduct water testing and purification the from 10 school boreholes to check whether the water is safe for drinking.
- Adherence and respect to code of regulations.
C. Submission Details
- Contractor’s name
- Contractor’s address
- Contractor’s contact details
- Deadline for Submission: 9th August 2023, 11:59 pm EAT.
- Submission email: firstname.lastname@example.org
D. Required Support Information
- References for Similar Assignment
- A detailed Quotation
- Prove of Qualification in the field
- Work experience
- Nationality and location (i.e., county)