The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be primarily responsible for data input, processing, generating and distribution of M&E reports. A project tracking system (PTS) will be used to track program outputs on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis. The M&E officer will have an electronic database in place that tracks individual Orphan and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and services received per OVC. The reports will be collated and sent to the M&E Manager on a monthly basis for finalization.
Lifeskills Promoters-LISP is advertising for suitable and qualified candidate for the position. This position is based in Oyugis Homabay County and involves regular travel to the project areas. The position will be under the supervision of M&E Manager. However the Project Manager will provide the day to day guidance and feedback on Monitoring and Evaluation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support implementation of M&E plan for Wezesha project
- Support the systems and standards for regular assessment, monitoring, and evaluation of the program against its objectives and expected outputs
- Undertake regular visits to the field to monitor project processes
- Support Wezesha project staff in the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, as well as with reporting on findings from monitoring activities
- Maintain an M&E tracking tool for M&E related activities (i.e., baselines, rapid assessments, evaluations, lessons learned and recommendations, and follow-ups on recommendations)
- Coordinate and share lessons learned related to M&E practices with partner and field offices
- Review interim and final reports submitted by local implementing partners with a particular focus on checking the quality and reliability of program data and analysis
- Collate reports and send to the M&E Manager on a monthly basis
- Perform any other related duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as research methods, sociology statistics, economics, international development, etc.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation, including design and implementation of project and program monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies
- Ability to produce high quality M&E reports and other program documents
- Excellent social, interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to manage a variety of activities in a fast moving environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills (OLMIS, SPSS, excel, spread sheet, publishing application etc.)
- Driving skills and other trainings are an added advantage.
To apply for this position, please fill in this job application form then email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org At this stage, ONLY job application form is to be submitted. The closing date for all applications is 29th September 2017 at 5pm.
Please note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.