Job Title: Project driver
Reports to: Admin Assistant
Position type: Fixed Term
Interacts with: Staff, stakeholders and clients
Program title: MWENDO project
Work station: Kisii County
Time allocation: 100% Driving & Admin logistics
Under the guidance and supervision of the Admin Assistant, the Project Driver will be responsible for providing secure and timely driving services to all project staff and support general administration and logistical work. The driver is expected to demonstrate high sense of responsibility, courtesy and ability to work with people of varied backgrounds.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide driving services to all project staff and others involved with LISP project as instructed the Admin Assistant.
- Carry out all errands allocated to you by the admin assistant, this may include posting, collection and delivery of parcels.
- Check basic maintenance (oil, coolant, water, tyre pressure, battery water) regularly.
- Maintain vehicles clean at all times and in good condition.
- Observe and abide to traffic rules and regulation including maximum speed limit as prescribed by the traffic rules and regulations.
- Maintain a daily log of all trips, mileage and fuel consumption for monthly checking by the Admin Assistant.
- Complete information required for monthly vehicle reports to be submitted to the Admin Assistant.
- Ensure that all major incidents are reported to the Admin Assistant as soon as they occur.
- Ensure that vehicles are taken to the garage in good time when faults emerge.
Any other duties assigned by the Admin Assistant, or designate.
- A minimum of a secondary school certificate (‘O’ level).
- Must hold a valid Kenyan driver’s license, Class-E and above.
- Minimum four years’ experience as a driver with good driving record.
- No accident conviction in the last three years – provide a certificate of good conduct.
- Good knowledge of Kisii County and its environs.
- Understanding of traffic laws and good knowledge about car mechanics.
- Flexible to work long and irregular hours when duty calls.
- Excellent driving skills, team work and good interpersonal skills.
- Respectful of confidentiality.
- Qualification in vehicle maintenance and repairs will be an added advantage.
please download and fill the application form on the link below:
All the best!