The Objective of the Integrated Action to End Child Violence project is to contribute to the Eradication of all sorts of Violence against Children in Extremely Marginalized Communities in Kenya.
We Endeavor to Detect, Prevent and Respond to any form of Violence against Children and Improve Rehabilitation of Child Victims of violence.
Components of Integrated Action to End Child Violence Include :
- School Programs including formal and non-formal schools (EU-VAC, IAPF)
- Youth Out of School
- Statutory Children Institutions(SCIs), Charitable Children Institutions (CCIs)
Areas of action: Mukuru, Korogocho, Kariobangi and Dandora in Nairobi, Kenya
- Training of School Teachers and Staff at SCIs and CCIs on lifeskills, Detection, Prevention and Response to Violence against Children and on how to Provide Psychological Support to Children in Formal and Informal Schools.
- Training of Peer Educators in Schools to conduct Dialogues to Equip Children and Young people with lifeskills and Raise Awareness of other Child Protection Issues.
- Strengthening / Establishing Clubs in Schools and Learning Institutions.
- Training of Parents and Guardians on Good Parenting skills, Detection, Prevention and Response to Violence against Children, Child Rights and Child Participation.
- Training of Youth out of School on lifeskills, Child Protection, Outreach and also Actively involving them as Advocates of Prevention of Violence Against Children.